Tuesday 9 June 2015

Let's talk... Current Favourites.

Hi my lovelies, how are you all?

Today I fancied sitting down and having a chat with you about my favourites from the last month or so. I've not been branching out much in terms of beauty products as I seem to have found a few firm favourites and stuck with them, but I'm currently awaiting a package from the postman with lots of new exciting products!

Haircare

I've really been enjoying my naturally curly (all be it defiant) hair this month. The Aussie Miracle Styling Mousse and Curl Definition Serum have been a firm staple in my haircare routine. I'll wash my hair and let it towel dry for half an hour or so and apply a generous amount of the serum to the ends of my hair and then run a small amount of the mousse through the roots and lengths of my hair. This stuff not only smells amazing but holds the curls perfectly without looking crunchy and wet whilst adding volume. I would definitely recommend this if you're somebody who has naturally curly hair that tends to be unruly if left to it's own devices. You can usually find the Aussie range on offer in Superdrug or Boots.

Skincare

Neal's Yard Aromatic Body Butter

As somebody who is of an anxious disposition I find relaxing a real challenge, especially around bed time. There is something in my brain that works against me every night. I've found that lavender really helps me unwind and feel more at ease. The Neal's Yard Aromatic Body Butter has become a favourite in my bed time routine, packed full of lovely essential oils this body butter not only smells divine but helps ease me into sleepy time. The thing I love most about this is it feels like I'm having a little pamper time before I head off to bed. I massage it onto my arms and chest about half an hour before bed and sit back and enjoy a cup of camomile tea. The only downside to this product is the price, but you can find so many different sleepy time lotions and body butters on the market to fit your budget. I know I'd be reluctant to pay the £23 for this, so I was super excited to receive this for my birthday in April. All in all a lovely product.

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

This is my favourite drug store find this year. I seriously can't rave enough about this primer. It keeps my skin matte, holds my make up in place all day and creates a perfectly smooth surface for my make up to go on to. I would highly recommend this if you're looking for a decent primer for under ten pounds.

Liz Earle Instant Boosy Skin Tonic Spritzer

I've been loving this to spritz over my make up. It adds a beautiful glowy boost to my face and sets my make up really nicely. I'd never really have thought to spray a toner over my make up until things got desperate and I ran out of my usual make up setting spray from Collection. But I would highly recommend getting your hands on this if your budget allows (mine was a gift) and giving it a go if you're looking for something to add a nice natural glow.

Make-Up

I've been all about the glow in May and I've been loving the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Healthy Balance Powder to create this. I find The Healthy Mix Serum so easy to work with, the smooth gel formula blends almost effortlessly and does a great job of covering all my problem areas without making it obvious I'm wearing foundation. The Healthy Balance powder sets my foundation and concealer perfectly whilst not looking cakey and keeping me matte all day. These two together are a dream team and I would highly recommend these if you're looking for a natural "no make-up look" with a good amount of coverage. Side note : Go into your local Superdrug and smell these, just smell them. They're so fruity and fresh. Love it.

As for lipstick this month I've been wearing Estée Lauder's Electric intense lip creme in 702 Switched-on. This adds a subtle pop of colour to the lips which has been tying my natural look together really nicely. It's staying power is fantastic and it feels lovely on the lips. A definite must have of mine for spring/summer.

What have you been loving lately and have you tried any of these products?

I hope you're all having a lovely week, thank you so much for reading and following.

Lots of love, Dotty xx

7 comments:

  1. great post, my hair has been such a nightmare recently and I've also been using Aussie! would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aussie they make the best budget hair masks! Loving your blog your photos are beautiful :) thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. I am still yet to try the Bourjois foundation, my cousin said it broke her out so I've been putting it off incase it does the same to me!
    I’ve just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd like it, I thought being a serum it'd be rubbish coverage and hard to work with but it's won my heart haha thank you so much for the nomination, made my day! I will write up my post tomorrow when I've got my laptop :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for commenting :) your blog is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried Aussie hair products before and they just don't work for me :( I'm sad, because most people I know rave about them, but my scalp does not agree with them. I get dry, itchy skin every time.
    I will check out the Bourjois products you've mentioned though :) They sound fantastic!

    Thanks for linking up with GET SOCIAL this week, stop by next Friday to link up again! :)
    Evie @Bookish Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame :( definitely check out the bourjois, all their products are gorgeous! Xx

      Delete

Young Dotty